By: Dr. Elizabeth Craig | July 11, 2016
As summer is scorching outside what more could you want than a cold ice cream treat? However, if you have a sensitive tooth (or teeth) that may soon be the last option you want this summer! Not to worry though, there are many solutions for the problem of sensitive teeth once you know the cause.
- Tooth Decay (Cavities)
- Worn Fillings
- Gum Disease
- Inflamed gums
- Exposed Tooth root
- First Start by trying Sensodyne or a similar toothpaste for 2 weeks to see if that is the easy fix. This is typically the solution for exposed teeth.
- Floss your teeth! This helps gums when they are inflamed due to caught items.
- Make an appointment with the dentist to make sure there are no harmful unlying problems
- A crown, inlay, or bonding to correct the rotted tooth and restore it so that signals are not as easily shot down to the root.
- Root canal if sensitivity is persistent and cannot be treated by other ways.
How to Prevent Sensitive Teeth: Taking the proper time to brush and floss teeth each day.
Get ahead by taking care of your teeth or correcting the ache now to enjoy those cold treats again and make this hot summer that much better!